17 October, 2006

How could I forget garbage day?

I drove to work today. I had to stop to mail a couple packages and I have to run errands so it wasn't until I was almost at the end of my block that I noticed there were garbage cans sitting on the parking strips. How could I forget?? I didn't want to go back, since I was running a little late anyway so I left it. I guess I'll stop by on the way out to Dad's rehab place to hope I beat the garbage men. Not that there's a lot there but still -- I think that's the first time I've totally spaced that. [The first person that even thinks "senior moment" is gonna get it!!!]

I think I'm pretty much done with the first sleeve on the raglan sweater. I've got to try it on and see if I maybe want to go another cable repeat or just bind off and start the second sleeve. It was just too freakin' cold upstairs last night to try it on before bed. I just wanted to get in there and get the covers up to my chin! I'm going to have to turn the heat on sooner or later. It went on by itself last night and that means it got below 60 degrees in there. Perhaps I should close the bedroom window a bit. I'm feeling very virtuous! And hearty! [watch me catch my death of cold, miss smartypants]

A few days ago I received those two bags of Debble Bliss Merino Chunky - a superwash chunky wool in a gorgeous brown. They are small skeins (I hate that about her yarns), only about 50 yards but with two bags that gives me 1000 yards on 10.5 needles. That should be fine for a cabled turtleneck as long as I don't do an all over pattern. I was thinking of just getting a nice cable, or cable combo, out of my Vogue book but then I saw a gorgeous sweater someone had knitted on Craftster - a Rebecca pattern. A little more detailed that I am looking for -- well, I'll look around. Maybe the pattern in the new IK will work. I saw a preview of it and should be getting my copy soon.

No comments: