12 October, 2006

What is up with the commercials???

I don't know if it's just because I like the show so much and don't want any commercial breaks or what, but it seemed like there were more then a normal amount of commercials on "Lost" last night. Now I suppose since it's such a popular show they can get lots and lots of money for the commercials but still ..... every 10 minutes or less??? It really interrupts the flow of the show. That's my rant for today.

Like Nonnahs, I find it difficult to knit during that show so instead of doing something I would undoubtedly have to frog the next day I instead spent the time trying to unravel that knot of Koigu that Tink made so that I can make a push to finish my first Crusoe and start on the second. I plan on watching a little football this weekend and that would be a good project. I don't have much left to do on the first one but my silly rule - I have to immediately cast on for the second one and I need a little time to get at least the toe done before I put it down.

I got my first package from my new favorite on line yarn store, Little Knits yesterday. Before I found the Noro full bag sale I found some Debbie Bliss Merino Chunky in a beautiful chocolate brown, also full bag sale. So I bought two. I want to make a nice raglan turtle neck with a cable down the front and sleeves. I have the Vogue Stitchionary (is that how it's spelled?) on cables and there are tons and tons to choose from. And this yarn ... oh is it every soft and squishy! And bonus, it's machine washable! I think I'm going to incorporate a part of a design from an IK cabled wrap from last year and then a cable from the book. And I'm only going to do it on the front. I'm not exactly sure how much yarn I'll need, but if I don't do the cables on the back I'm reasonably sure two bags should do it. Fingers crossed, eh? Otherwise I'll end up with a short sleeved cabled turtle neck. Not a bad thing per se, but long sleeved is more useful.

No comments: