24 October, 2006

It gets better!

Me and my stupid non-math brain! My race results came in last night and I was faster than I had though! I was adding time to the "guntime" they sent me when in fact I should have been subtracting time! So I actually ran that race in 34:48 and I was 19th out of 48 in my age group. So I am really happy! Especially since half of it was up that darned hill. Next time I am hoping for a flat face and I bet I'll be able to shave even more time off!

I was so tired yesterday when I got home. I left work at 2-ish after starting at 6:30. I took a nice little nap and then I was in the mood for some instant gratification knitting so I started a cap for Mr. G. He wants a cap for ski patrol - red with a white cross on it. I was thinking of intarsia but a) it's a hassle and b) I don't like doing it and c) it's a flippin' hassle! So I decided on duplicate stitch. That way I can make a nice hat and not have to worry about did I start the cross too soon, too high up, etc. This way it'll be done and I can make it perfect.

I took the morning to deal with Dad issues. *sigh* Is it okay to say I wish my sister lived here? It is very difficult dealing with this stuff. Thank goodness Dad is happy and feeling positive. Me? I just want to crawl into bed and pull the covers over my head. Thank goodness I have a nice trip to look forward to. Less than four weeks to go! Woohoo!!!

1 comment:

Sherrill said...

you go girl, on the Dawg Dash. Wow...great time, great place in finishing.

Remember to take care of yourself...and don't feel guilty about any feelings you have regarding the situation. Times can get hard...do the best you can and "chin" up.

How's the knitting coming along?