06 October, 2006

I am more than a little disturbed

This morning when I opened my Yahoo email there were over 125 message in there. Odd. One hundred (!) of them were from eBay confirming listings. Yes, 100. I was a bit taken aback -- that is a LOT of spam, yes? So I logged into my eBay account and find out that yes indeed, there are now 98 active listings and two had sold. WTF?!!???? Seems as if some a**hole hijacked my account and listed a bunch of clothing. eBay is pretty good though - there are tons of pages of help, so obviously this things happens frequently, or frequently enough for there to be step by step instructions on what to do. First I had to change my Yahoo email password, then my eBay password. Done. Then it says that you should delete the items by, get this, entering the ID number of each item. Uhhhh .... 100? Well, okay 98, since two are sold. But still ... I don't think so. I have sent them email and I'm waiting for a LiveChat person to help me. I am also concerned that my credit card is going to be charged all of the fees -- the listing fees and the sold fees. It's going to add up. How creepy is this though? I looked at the sold page and see an email address where people should send their Paypal. Oh great ... that's another thing to worry about! How did they change the email address of the Paypal account?? Whew ... just checked. My Paypal account is okay but I changed the password on it anyway. The LiveChat lady just came on ... Okay - all's well. She has restored my account. I have no earthly idea how someone got into my account. My know enough not to click on any links in messages, etc. Very disturbing.

Well, in other news I stayed up WAY too late last night, so excited that I finally had the pattern down for the sleeve motif on my Ogee Tunic. I nearly got it done but it was closing in on 11:30, which is way past my bedtime. I should definitely be able to finish it up and start on the plain part of the sleeves tonight so I'll have pictures Monday. It's going to be just lovely. I hope my gauge hasn't changed now that I'm purling the right way.

Today it's off and on raining but I'm going to go to the track at lunchtime no matter what the weather so I can time myself to see how long it takes me to run 3 miles. I better be close to 10 minutes miles, that's all I've got to say. If not, it's going to be a tough couple weeks to get there.

No comments: