26 October, 2006

Instant gratification

You gotta love those instant gratification projects! I don't know ... I think those types of things keep me going on the longer term projects. Sometimes I just need to have something finished. NOW. And hats are good for that, as are little bags and felting projects. I finished up a plain ribbed cuff beanie for Mr. G in red red red yesterday. I'm going to duplicate stitch a white first aid cross on it and he'll use it for ski patrol. I just love the way Lamb's Pride yarn feels. I forget how nice it is because I generally only use it for hats. I think it would be nice for a bulky sweater. Anyway -- I digress .... instant gratification. I have always thought of that term in a negative way but my prejudice is waning. There is definitely something to be said for it.

I tried on the Noro Raglan sweater last night and decided I have about one 1/2 more cable repeats to go for the first sleeve. My challenge for the second sleeve is going to be finding a skein that starts at the right color repeat. Shouldn't be too difficult - I have a few to pick from and so far of the 5 skeins I've use all but one have started with the same repeat. I'm kind of like Nonnahs in that regard in that I like to have the stripes match, especially with something so visible as a pair of sleeves.

The Ogee Tunic is coming along. One or two more pushes and I should have the sleeves finished and I can start on the front of the sweater. This is, obviously, going to be the most difficult part. Welllll maybe I'm misspeaking. When I think of that back just inches and inches of stockinette stitch. Maybe THAT will be the challenge. I think I'm smart to keep it for last because if I have these gorgeous sleeves and this beautiful cabled front I'm really going to want that back so I can put it together. Well, at least that's what I'm hoping will happen.

I signed up for another 5K race this morning. This one to be run Saturday. I got my friend Kate to agree to come along. Let's just hope it's not raining. I don't think this course will have hills. I sure hope not.

No comments: