10 October, 2006

I'm going for a record

Well ... truth be told I can't remember when last year I turned my heat on but I haven't yet turned it on and I'm going to try to get all the way through October. Twice it has come on by itself -- if it gets below 60 degrees the thermostat kicks on but, only twice so far and just for a few minutes. I've been making nice cozy little fires downstairs in the evenings and so far so good. I just know that I'm going to have to close my bedroom windows sooner than I want to. I just love that fresh air when I sleep. I know that I've kept them at least cracked until November so I've got a few more weeks. Thank goodness I sleep warm -- and the doggie helps out too! She's very warm.

I spent most of yesterday evening getting ready to put stuff on eBay. My digital camera is so slow though! It takes forever to download pictures onto my computer. By the time I got done taking all the pictures, downloading them and futzing with them it was 7 and I was ready for dinner. So I put it off for another day. Procrastination ... it's an art, my friends.

A few more rows done on the sleeves of the Ogee Tunic. I love the way that the Elann Devon drapes. It's lovely yarn. Oddly it recommends needle size 4 and the Ogee Tunic also asks for size 4 needles but I got gauge with size 7! Now that I'm a ways into the sleeves I'm going to check my gauge again just in case I need to make some adjustments. The fabric is fine -- it's not too airy and not too dense. I will probably elect to wear something under the thing in cooler weather but I think it'll be fine.

Tonight I think I'll start on the sleeves of the raglan sweater. I'm going to have to keep good notes because I'm winging it. I've got a good idea of where I want to go with it and how I want to accomplish it but I'm going to have to keep notes on when exactly I make the decreases and when I start the ribbing so the other sleeve will match. That's the only downside to doing a sweater top down - you have to do the sleeves separately and if you make a mistake on one then you have to either rip it out or make the same mistake on the other side. Or, as in this case, if you're winging a pattern you have to be careful to write everything down. Especially with a memory as holey as mine. I believe I can make nice bells on the sleeves if I increase in the purl ditches, kind of like how the bottom of the Something Red cardigan gets it's flair.

1 comment:

Sherrill said...

Ohhh...the Elann Devon sounds divine. Is it soft? I have an itch to order...but will just keep it on my list. Sounds like the sweaters are coming along nicely and Mr. G will be here soon than a wink.

Hope you and the family are well.