02 October, 2006

Oh it was brutal

The Seahawks got crushed by the Bears last night, on Sunday Night Football no less!! The prime time show!! Al and John!!!! It was so painful I quit watching it. It's only one game, but still it was such a beating. The good news is that the Huskies won another one this weekend, which makes them 3 and 1 overall and unbeaten in the Pac Ten.

I took care of PJ this weekend but he was a pretty busy guy so we didn't spend that much time together. I picked him up from practice Friday night and made a kid meal - grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. It was good, actually. I can't remember the last time I'd had that little comfort combo. Saturday was a football game which was quite amusing and would have been a lot more fun if it had been a little warmer. I brought knitting so my lap was warm-ish but I really should have brought my Fetching handwarmers. I could have really used them. He had a sleepover Saturday night so after visiting Dad I had a nice evening to myself. Sunday while he was at a birthday party I did a little Nordstrom Rack shopping and got a couple pairs of shoes, a gorgeous turquoise cashmere sweater and a cute little skirt. Not bad.

I really got lots and lots of work done on the Noro raglan and not so much done on the Ogee Tunic. I took a good look at my progress yesterday and I think I am still doing that stitch wrong. It doesn't look like the picture and it's frustrating the HELL out of me!! I got a little response from posting on the KAL blog that I should turn the YO around on my needle. I think I'll practice tonight with different yarn and larger needles and see if I can't figure it out. Otherwise I'll bring it to my knitting ladies Wednesday and see if anyone there can shed some light on it. I'm only 8 rows into the sleeves (again) so if I can figure out the stitch I'm going to have to frog it again. I think if I do that I'll give the sleeves a rest and start on the front. But only if I can figure out the pattern. I just can't for the life of me understand why I can't get it.

No comments: