09 October, 2006

Ogee sleeves!

Here's a close up of the motif on the sleeves. Finally finished and got about 20 rows further into the sleeves. I worked on them Friday and Saturday but by Saturday evening my left hand and forearm were hurting. It's the purling ... something I do with my thumb slipping the stitches off the needle after a while makes it hurt. No matter. I'm not in any hurry with this. I want it to be right. The color is a bit off here - camera phone - it's more of an aqua with a grey cast to it. This looks baby blue.

Sunday I worked on the Noro raglan, got the body finished and put a cable band on the bottom. I am going to make the sleeves belled with cables to match the raglan and band. I hope it works.

I found a new yarn place online and ends up it's in Seattle!! I bought some Debbie Bliss Merino Aran at a great bargain price -- especially for superwash wool. And then while searching for Noro Kureyon closeouts they came up again and had one color on sale - $39 for the bag!! I couldn't pass it up. So when I ordered it I noticed that they charged me sales tax, which meant they're in Washington. I checked the address and lo and behold, they're in Ballard! It's called LittleKnits and they have great deals. I can't wait to visit the shop. It might be dangerous though.

Two more weeks .. well less actually .. and Mr. G will be up for a visit and I'll be doing my first race. I ran around the track at Husky Stadium on Friday to time myself and I ended up doing 12 minute miles. Ugh. That is S-L-O-W. In my defense I'd only had 150 calories by the time I did my run and it was 12:30 so I was low on energy. But still .... I've got to work on my speed. I think I should be able to knock a few minutes off my time plus my friend Kate says that one runs faster when the race is on and you're in a pack. Fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Actually I think LittleKnits is in West Seattle, not Ballard.