18 October, 2006

A little trip to the dark side

Yesterday I was on fire! I got things done and no mistake. Motivated, that what I was. I almost broke my arm, patting myself on the back, but I got that stupid form all filled out and gathered some more odds and ends and got the application down to the office where it needed to be before 5pm. And I was exhausted when I was done, but happy. It was sunny but chilly, especially in the house, since the heating hasn't been on. So I treated myself and turned on the heat. Ahhhhhh, it was gggrrrreat! I stayed upstairs in my comfy chair and read the paper and listened to music and, yes, stepped over to the dark side and did some crochet. The odd skeins of Noro Silk Garden are making me crazy! What to do with them??? I tried making flowers but they looked dorky, and I was thinking of a scarf for the two skeins that match. But the other two don't match and so I thought, why not a hat? Why not try a crocheted hat for a change? So I started one. But I'm so out of practice and it was not the instant gratification I was seeking but rather a trial. Tonight I'm going to see of I can't whip myself up and finish that Crusoe sock - I mean it's pretty much done but I was going to try to finish each skein all up. I don't want them to be too high so I think I'll try that one on and if it's tall enough, bind off and start the second. I want to finish so I can try some of the sock yarn that my sweet SP8 sent me. Lacy pink ones are in my future.

Wednesday night is my favorite night -- 'Lost' is on! And a new 'Southpark' that I can watch tomorrow. And it means that the week is nearly over. I am so excited about my weekend. I had another great run today. I'll rest tomorrow and have an easy 30 minutes on Friday. Now that I've got my fuel figured out, I can end up with energy to spare which makes me feel confident that I won't be the very last one!

And I'm so excited because I'm going to Europe for Thanksgiving week! Wheeee! Only 4 weeks to wait, too! I like it that it's close. Usually a trip is in the works for a couple months at least and I have to wait and wait and wait! But four week? Shoot, that's going to fly by! I'll be in the Netherlands. Who wants Dutch chocolate?

No comments: