11 October, 2006

True confessions

Hello. My name is Shelley and I am a Noro addict.

Okay, now that that's out of the way. Yesterday I went up to my LYS at lunchtime to get some supplies for a "Learn to Knit" kit I'm putting together for an auction this weekend. Good intentions - just walk in, get the few items I need and walk out. Oh ... but go ahead and take a peek in the sale bins, why don't you? Not 1, not 2, not 3 but 4 skeins of Noro Silk Garden!!! $5 each!!! Two the same color and dyelot and the other two odd balls. I snatched them up, sure I did! AND the new IK Crochet magazine. I thought maybe I'd make some pretty flower motifs with the Noro and make stuff -- scarves probably. I printed out a few patterns from Lion but even though they are marked "easy", I still had a hard time with them. I've got a few other patterns bookmarked. I think I just need to practice crocheting. I really do think they'd make great scarf gifts - cute flowers with those beautiful colors. I need to find one to make (or 2 or 3) that are "no brainers" so I can do them while watching TV.

Didn't start my sleeves last night on the raglan because ... well, see above. After working on some flowers I just had dinner and did a bit more on the sleeves of the OT. Tonight is 'Lost'!! Woohooo!!! I am hoping I can get the sleeve stitches picked up and the decreases worked out on paper so I can do that while watching "Lost". Otherwise I'll just have to sit and knit ... nothin'!

Does anybody else think the spell check on Blogger sucks??

No comments: