30 October, 2006

It happened again!!!

Another bad football weekend! How much more can a girl take?? The poor Huskies lost yet again in overtime. What a heartbreaker. The Seahawks ... *sigh* .... I don't even want to talk about it. Good news is that we're playing the Raiders next Monday night and I've got tickets. Bad news is that it's now possible that we could be beat by the worst team in the league on national TV. Oh this time last year was so exciting! Now this year - ick. But that's the way of the game. So I shouldn't complain.

I did another race this weekend. This time it was the Pumpkin Push in Seward Park. My friend Kate went with me and we had a wonderful day for a run. It was chilly, but not raining. I was feeling strong and started off really great, running the first half of the race in 15 minutes. But then there was the hill. Not a little hill, mind you, but a freakin' great huge hill! Quite honestly, I didn't even pretend to run up it. I figured it was much more efficient to just walk. This hill was so steep that even today, Monday, I have soreness in my calf muscles which is so very hard for me to get considering I ride my bike all the time. It was brutal! The walk up the hill notwithstanding, I still had an almost identical time as the last race. Unfortunately for some reason they didn't have a timing pad at the start of the race so my time is just guntime, which is not accurate. It doesn't make sense to me that you wear the timing chips and there's not a pad at the start and only at the end. I wanted to see if I was better! The walk up the hill messed up my time, obviously. The next race is not until Sunday, November 19 which as it happens is the day I'm leaving for my trip to Europe. But you know what? I'm going to run it anyway. It's in the morning and my plane doesn't leave until 6:30 which means I don't have to leave home until 4 pm so I'll have all day to pack and I'll be nice and tired.

So Saturday was a big day - not only did I have a run, but my dryer broke. And that's the worst timing considering I've got two huge bags of laundry for my Dad to get through. As luck would have it there was a repairman available so I did get it fixed. I was last on his list but gladly waited to get that machine up and running again. I can't imagine if I had a family to take care of. Lucky it's only me that I have to do laundry for and I make enough!

I finished up the sleeve and started the second sleeve on the Noro Raglan. I'm going to have yarn left over! I bought 10 skeins for this and it looks like I'll use only 8 at the most! I could have made more cables. Well I bought another 10 skeins of a different color - it has autumn oranges and browns and greens in it. I think I'll make a raglan cardigan and do a falling leaf lacy pattern down the front of the cardigan. I should be able to do that as well with less than 10 balls. And maybe find a raised leaf pattern to do down the sleeves - or even the same lacy one. I don't know yet.

I also made good progress on the sleeves for the Ogee Tunic. I'm almost at the part where I'll shape the caps. I'm going to block those babies right away when I get done with them.

It turned cold this weekend. Yesterday it hailed! And it was so cold at night that my heat came on. This morning was a very very cold ride in. I'm going to have to switch up to the winter garb pretty soon. It snowed in the pass yesterday too! Might be some early skiing.

No comments: