04 October, 2006

I'm feeling it

Autumn is in the air. Odd how last week it was nearly 80 degrees and this morning I wore my long pants and full gloves. Not that I mind. It just seems to happen so quickly. Anatomy will be finished in another week, then it'll be a little less hectic around here. I'll still be busy, but I'll be able to clean up my office and start planning for the move in December or January. While our office space is being remodeled (a project that should take about 2 years!!) we will be shunted off to a surge space which, for me and my other suite-mates, is a building reminiscent of those trailer-like buildings they put on school grounds when they don't have enough classrooms. I know that there's a name for them but I'm blanking right now. Ahha! Portable!! Anyway ... pret-ty ugly. I do believe they have air conditioners on SOME of the windows which leads me to believe that summertime is going to be stifling. Ah well ... it's only temporary and who knows, maybe I'll just switch to working from home more often. It will certainly be nice to have a new office when we move back.

I am in a knitting knot over the Ogee Tunic. I have brought needles and some spare yarn in hopes that my knitting pals can help me figure out the pattern. I am afraid that I'm going to get fed up with the whole thing, which I really really don't want to happen. I really WANT that sweater! And so I will rip it out one LAST time, after I learn the not-so-secret secret of purling those freakin' YOs!!! This is what comes of teaching yourself to knit - some questions just can't be answered by a book.

Mr. G. did the Cow Days run in Sacramento last weekend and they gave all the runners Udder Cream which I had never heard of until a vendor put some into a package of yarn I bought. So I keep that little jar next to my chair downstairs for whenever I need it - and you all know how in the winter that wool yarn just sucks the moisure out of your hands! I think he thought he was being Mr. Smartypants when he said he'd bring it for me, but I love that stuff!!

1 comment:

Sherrill said...

I hope the Ogee Tunic didn't beat you down and the knitting gals were able to get you on track.

Wow, tomorrow is Thursday. I wish it was next week as no school on Friday, the 13th. Girls and I are packing our butts up to Bellingham for an over night stay.

Happy knitting.