16 October, 2006

A win and a loss

That was the football this weekend. Poor Huskies just went to pieces and lost their quarterback. The Seahawks took it down to the wire and won at the last second with a kick. Whew! Luckily it was on television so I recorded it and then I fast forwarded until the end when it was live. I love my DVR!

I had a quiet and solitary weekend and got lots of knitting done. So much that my left hand and shoulder were hurting last night. I think it's the purling. I am almost finished with the first sleeve on the raglan sweater. I goofed though. I wish I had thought it through a bit more. Because I had made cables between in the increases there is a bit more fabric than I wished for the sleeve because I didn't take into account the pulling in that the two purl stitches on either side and the cable itself did. If I had thought it through I would have decreased more stitches faster. Oh well .. it's going to be interesting. Not ugly. Just different.

I've got a week this week ..... Dad is being a bad boy at the rehab center and I've got to do damage control tomorrow. And Thursday I've got the dentist. Ahh, but Friday I'm taking off! Tink is going to get groomed, I'm having a manicure and pedicure and a massage. And Sunday is the race. I have been experimenting with fuel and find that if I just add one little piece of toast to my breakfast it makes a world of difference on my energy level. I've been having some great runs lately. Last Friday I ran for 35 minutes and I had energy to spare. And today was a "light" day - only 30 minutes. But again, I was feeling great! I was a little concerned that I was going to be too slow. I may be slow, but I sure won't be the slowest! And I will finish for sure.

1 comment:

Sherrill said...

I'll be cheering you on from Graham. You go girl! I'm breathless just thinking about being out of breath. LOL

Hope your Dad is doing better. Tough love this week?

Enjoy your Friday fun.