09 March, 2007

Duh

Boy is my face red. I emailed the people at Zephyr yesterday because I couldn't wrap my mind around the pattern directions for part D of my Ms. Marigold. Now, I should have stuck with my instinct which is to actually wait until I was at that point in the project and see what was what. I don't know about you, but usually things that are muddy while reading miraculously become clear when you have the needles and yarn in your hands and you are ready to execute the tricky bit. And so it was with me last night. I finished up the left front armhole knitting, slipped the stitches back onto the needle holding the other two parts and then knitted them all together just as the pattern said. I had incorrectly concluded that since each of the three pieces was originally ending with a knit row the next row had to be purl but ... no. Since they were all separate and the yarn had been cut at the end of each section I just turned the stuff the right way and away I went. So .... whoever read that email must have been rolling their eyes forever. I've got a few more inches to go back and forth and then I can start in the round. It is so pretty! I hope it looks good on.

The forecast for Sunday is heavy rain. I am not too happy about that, but forecasts are so often wrong. I'm going to do it no matter what, but it would be SO nice if it was sunny or at least not pouring rain.

No further word from the band guy. I was hoping to get together with them this weekend but I know he's trying to replace the lead guitar player and that could take some time. I'll try to be patient but each day I get more and more eager to at least meet with them and sing a few songs. I am very grateful to Lisa for suggesting they call me and I'll have to do something nice for her. Hmmmmm

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't feel too bad. I've learned that about me- a lot of times something won't make sense to me until I'm knitting it. So I've generally don't read ahead anymore. Can't wait to see it!