05 March, 2007

What a GREAT weekend!

It was nothing huge, just a lot of good things that happened this weekend that made it so good. Actually it was mostly Sunday. Saturday was just errands and a manicure and pedicure and knitting on the "Cozy". I stayed up late watching TV and then read in bed until after midnight. Tink, bless her doggie heart, got up to do her thing at 7:30 Sunday and then came back to bed and let me sleep in until 10:30! I couldn't believe it!! What a treat.

I had some breakfast and a chat with my sister and then had a fabulous run, and when I got back the phone rang and it was the guy my hairdresser had suggested call me to sing with his band. And .. he was calling! Cool! He's the drummer and says he doesn't know the names of any of the songs they need a girl singer for, but will get back to me this week and I'll meet with them and sing a few songs. Just doing that is going to be so much fun! If there are jobs, so much the better.

For my post-run cool down I took Tink for a walk and we passed a garage sale where I found a sewing machine for $10. I bought it. It's old, but in good shape. It's heavy compared to the new plastic ones but it's much like the one I learned to sew on. Great buy.

And then the landscaper came over to look at my yard and make a plan. She went nuts over my back garden, telling me the names of all the birds she had sighted. She kept saying it was like a wildlife preserve. But we're going to concentrate on the front and then go from there. She's going to cut the cedars back from the house and take out the lawn and clean out the flower beds and lay new sod. I'm going to take lots of pictures to document the renovation.

And finally ... finally ... I finished my "Cozy" yesterday evening and washed it and it's drying now. It's not perfect, but the flaws are hard to see. I really wanted to make a vest this weekend and tried to get gauge for "Ms Marigold" with some stash yarn but couldn't so decided to order some Elann Peruvian Quechua in a pretty light pink. My SP8 had sent me Sonata for it but I wasn't feeling the purple for that pattern. Right .. so with the "Cozy" monkey off my back I should really finish up the TDR turtleneck. It will go quickly since it's so chunky. I'll start on the sleeves tonight and then I'll know how long I can make the body. That's my plan anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay- glad you had such a good weekend! And, how exciting about the landscaping! I know you've been wanting to have that done for a while. I can't wait to see what your landscaper comes up with! Sweet deal on the $10 sewing machine, too!