07 March, 2007

Pretty close to instant gratification


I love Elann. Maybe it's because I live so close to their shipping location, but I ordered yarn on Sunday for my "Ms Marigold" and it was sitting on my doorstep yesterday when I got home from work. This Quechua is incredibly beautiful yarn! It's baby alpaca with some tencel in it so it's very very soft and it has a lovely sheen to it. I gorgeous light pink with just a hint of lavender. I maybe should have lightened this picture up a bit because on this monitor it looks a bit darker than it really is, but still you get the idea. I started my "Ms Marigold" last night and got through part B. I don't know, maybe I'm becoming a more mature knitter, because I find that I like fabric that is knit on a smaller needle. I think it's more wearable or something. Or maybe it's just the spring thing. Anyway, here's the start of my top. Now that my hairdresser has toned down the red highlights in my hair I feel more comfortable wearing my favorite color, pink!

I am loving my new camera! It is so much faster downloading pictures. I had an errand this morning so had a few extra minutes at home and took advantage of that to take more pictures. I've got my "Cozy" along the back of my couch, just marveling at the size of it!! And here's a close up of the pattern. A very easy lace which was forgiving of mistakes.

And finally ... I saw this Hummer parked in a handicapped space when I took Dad to the doctor this morning and I just HAD to take a picture of it with my phone. It is so outrageous I couldn't help myself. Plus which, inside was a tiny, yapping dog. Check out the custom paint job. Hearts! Not that I don't love hearts, mind you, but on a HUMMER?? It was all over it but the front was enough to give the idea. What a country.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Look at all your pretty pink knits! The cozy is impressive! No comment on the Hummer.