14 March, 2007

I may have a new addiction

It's a little early to tell, but I might have a new one. I had been hearing about a new television program on FX starring Eddie Izzard and Minnie Driver. It's call The Riches and I taped its pilot Monday night and watched it last night. It is SO good! It's right up there with "Lost" and "Desperate Housewives". I have been crazy about Eddie Izzard for years. His stand-up is wonderful. But now? Now I am really crazy about him! His acting in this show is just awesome. Catch it if you haven't already.

So watching that new show it was round and round some more with the "Ms Marigold". I tried it on before I went to bed and it looks like I've got about 2 more inches of straight knitting on the body and then 2 inches of 2x2 ribbing. Then it's picking up the stitches for the ribbing around the neckline and I'll be done. I tried it on over a heavier T-shirt and it didn't itch at all so there's hope. It's very cute. I am definitely going to wear it.

I brought the "Fitted Knits" book in to work today (since I drove) and brought it to noon knitting to let the others take a peek. I am going to make three things out of it for sure. Here are pictures. I have the yarn to make the turtleneck and the mohair wrap. A deeper purple for the turtleneck and either light blue or a khaki green for the wrap. Then, there's the green cropped sweater with the cutest little leaf ties. I want to find a yarn that's a little less apple green and more peridot. So I've got my spring knitting cut out for me! Plus which let's not forget the TDR turtleneck that's half done and the sleeves that are that close to being done for the Ogee Tunic. I lack discipline, people. I'd feel bad about it, only most of the knitters I know suffer from the same thing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like Eddie Izzard, but will have to take your word on the show b/c I can't handle Minnie Driver. I haven't seen the Fitted Knits yet, but I've heard a lot of good things- I look forward to checking it out one of these days!