29 March, 2007

I'm so proud of myself!

No new yarn arrived yesterday so I picked up my TDR turtleneck and got one arm nearly finished! Just a couple more rows and I will knit the cuff and then on to the second arm. It goes so quickly when you're working with chunky yarn. I tried it on to see how much more I needed to knit on the arm and was surprised (and disappointed) to see that it looks too big on me! I am sure I had a reason for making the raglan so deep (probably the extra poundage) but now it looks a little TOO deep and therefore the top of the arm doesn't lay right. On the plus side, it'll be a great winter sweater and I'll be able to wear a T-shirt underneath. And the cable is perfect and looks really nice. Love the Debbie Bliss Merino Chunky - superwash so I will be able to wash it in the machine. BUT I hate those short skeins of hers. 50 meters just doesn't go very far so it seems every time I turn around I'm changing skeins. I'm going to have 20 ends to weave in.

I finally used the movie feature of my new camera yesterday and took a little video of my nephew. I posted it on my Photobox account and then sent the link to my sister and other nephew. It is so cool to be able to take little movies!!

The larger portion of the front lawn was laid yesterday and I gave it a good watering. It's a beautiful sunny day today so I am expecting that the rest of it will be done today. Now fingers crossed I don't kill it!

I hope my yarn purchase comes today because it's holding up my first package for my SP. I don't want to say what I've got stashed away for her just in case she happens to stop my by site by chance and put two and two together. I will say that I bought a book for her and love it so much I'm going to have to get myself a copy! I'm just waiting on another skein of special yarn for her to go with a pattern and I'll be finished with this first box.

No comments: