12 March, 2007

Just a few rants for a Monday morning

This is starting out to be a frustrating morning so I'm taking a little break, trying to get my heart rate down to something close to normal range. Because we're moving to temporary quarters I'm trying to consolidate my two PCs into one machine so I will only have one PC and one Mac rather than 2 PCs. To that end I downloaded my Palm Desktop software onto my newer PC on Friday afternoon and tried to HotSync my Palm. It wouldn't work and it was Friday afternoon so I just left it, re-booted the new computer and went home. This morning I'm trying to get the darned thing to HotSync and it won't!!! I have gone through the Palm troubleshooting info and it's useless and I am getting more and more frustrated. Hopefully the IT guy can give me a little help. I know he's done the switch. It's probably just one little thing that I'm overlooking.

So let me rant a bit about the St. Patrick's Day Dash. First of all, it was a great experience on the whole and I was totally in the zone. I mean .... I felt like I was running the best I've done so far in any race! Unfortunately I should have gone with the first wave (the "green" wave) rather than the second wave (the "red" wave) because even though it was timed the people were not really into it. Each hill they were mostly walking and I had to weave and excuse myself through clots of people. I was all set for a great push at the end and again, kept running into people! It was annoying. Next time I will not be intimidated and I will go in the first wave. 15,000 people showed up to run in the rain. It was incredible. But what I have to rant about is the people who don't think the rules apply to them! On the brochure and in the web site numerous times it was printed "NO dogs and NO strollers in ANY wave". Over and over and over again. Were there any dogs? Nope. Not a single dog. Were there any strollers? Hmmm? Oh yeah. Strollers all over the place and mostly in front of ME!!! What is it about certain parents that makes them think the rules do not apply to them?

Other than the race it was a relatively quiet weekend. I worked on a friend's web site a little. I took Tink to the dog park on Saturday and let her get very muddy and gave her a bath. And I knit and knit and knit on the "Ms Marigold". I'm in the round now and it's just knit knit knit for 10 inches, which takes a bit of time on size 5 needles. In fact I had to stop yesterday evening because my hand was getting sore. I tried it on Saturday night after I had done an inch or so in the round just to see how it was going to look. It's very cute and sexy. But alpaca! I just figured since it wasn't 100% alpaca but has some Tencel in it that it wouldn't be so itchy but that is not the case. I am hoping that after I wash it it won't be so bad. How can something that feels so soft on my hands be so itchy on my torso?? Even through a cotton T-shirt I could feel it. I was hoping to be able to wear this with just a cami underneath. Maybe after I wash it I will be able to wear it more comfortably. I know that the asymmetrical pull-over I made out of 100% alpaca is wearable if I have a T-shirt underneath so .... I will keep a good thought.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How annoying about the strollers! I guess some people are just like that, unfortunately. :(