26 March, 2007

This is REALLY getting ridiculous!

Anyone who has been reading my blog for a while is well aware of the absolutely stunning bad luck I've been having in the dating realm. It's as if I'm cursed or something. I wouldn't believe it if it hadn't been happening to me, honestly. Let me share the latest chapter.

I had a fun date Wednesday night and we had made tentative plans to get together for dinner Sunday. He called me Friday and said that he wanted to see me again. I said I was busy Saturday (band rehearsal) but Sunday would work and he said he couldn't wait, how about tonight (Friday)? I was a bit tired from a really busy day but said okay, and he said he'd call me when I got home to make definite plans. And he did -- six o'clock he called and said he was going to be a bit later than he had originally thought. He had to have a chat with his daughter which should take about and hour and a half and then he'd come pick me up about 8:30. He said he'd call when he was on his way and I should go ahead and eat and then we'd go out for a drink or something downtown. I had my shower, had something to eat, got dressed and sat down to listen to some music and read the paper and wait for him to call and say he was on his way. And I'm still waiting. He never called. He never even sent an email. Not. A. Word. You know, I'd stop dating entirely but this is getting more and more strange and ridiculous. I just can't WAIT to see what the universe has in store for me!

To add insult to injury, my band rehearsal that I had been SO looking forward to was cancelled for Saturday and moved to next Saturday. Needless to say I had plenty of time to knit and clean house and watch movies. My sleeveless turtleneck is nearly done and I could probably have finished it up last night but I wanted to pick up the gusset stitches in my sock so I would have something nice and portable for the two doctor appointments I have to take my dad to this week. The turtleneck is getting a little big to haul around.

My front garden is half covered with compost which makes it very very messy out there, especially since it was raining most of the weekend. Poor Tink has to be tethered so she can't get in there and roll around. Supposedly the lawn will be laid on Tuesday. I ordered the sod to be delivered. There's still lots of work to be done but just getting the grass down will be nice. And I've noticed that Tink doesn't bark nearly so much at night anymore and I am sure it's because the trees are away from the roof and the squirrels and other critters aren't running around there so much. Even though I am in the city I saw a raccoon in broad daylight sleeping in one of my large trees in the back! I couldn't believe my eyes! I tried to take a picture but when I got out there he(she) had turned its back so it's not very clear. Pretty wild.

I did a little internet shopping for my SP. I am hoping to be able to send her first package off this week. She's very easy to buy for! I was turned on to a sale at a KnitHappens on Friday bu somebody on Craftster and boy was that stuff FLYING out of that store! I got some Noro Silk Garden for half price so I can make the vest More Stripes on Knitty. It uses steeks and I think it would be a good first steeking project. And I got a few things for my SP. I now need to find the yarn for the cute cardigan pattern my SP sent me. I am thinking of a cotton blend -- maybe try Knitpicks Cotlin or ??? Can't decide. No hurry. I've got stash and projects coming out my ears!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What the hell?? What a jackass! Ugh. :( On the other hand, exciting about your yard reno project being underway! And yard pics - yay! I seriously can't believe that guy! >(