19 March, 2007

No dog

So I drove to visit that dog on Saturday -- 53 miles each way. Everything was going great until they mentioned the adoption fee. $400. Uhhh .... which was a surprise to me. I realize now that at the VERY BOTTOM of the page where they have the dog bios they say that the fees for the dogs range from $100 to $450. I didn't get to the bottom of the page because the dog I fell in love with was at the top of the page, so I was totally taken aback. I had to pass, obviously, since I wasn't planning on spending $400 on a dog this spring. Oh well, it was a nice drive anyway.

I finished up the "Ms Marigold" Friday night. I was not disciplined. I started on that purple turtleneck tank thingie from "Fitted Knits". I got the whole neck done, the back raglan increases and part of the front. One problem -- I couldn't get the left and right lifted increases. Well, I *thought* had them right but then I looked and the sides didn't mirror one another. I finally got on line yesterday evening and looked on knittinghelp.com and found the increases there, but called KLL and KRL, so the back is kind of weird looking but the front will be nice. Nobody will notice the increases (I hope) because my hair will be covering it.

My fancy new running shoes seem to have cause a little problem. I noticed Friday that my right foot pronates with these shoes and that must be the cause of some pain I've been having on that side. Dang! I am not going to use them any more and will go back to my old shoes but now I need to decide if I should run today or lay off again. I didn't run Friday because it was pretty achy and didn't run this weekend. I don't want to cause any bigger damage but there's a race this coming Saturday that I really want to do since there won't be another until May. errrrghghg

2 comments:

Nic said...

Yeah I lot of those adoptions places charge me for the younger, easier to place dogs. That sucks though you may find your perfect dog through petfinder.com or your local shelter that charges one fee for all animals.

Anonymous said...

Bummer about the dog. :( That just means that Tink's *real* future sibling is still out there. ;)