22 March, 2007

It begins!

The landscaper showed up today with a work crew and they started work on the yard. It's so exciting! First up was trimming the cedar next to the house. And while it is now trimmed so much that my little privacy hedge is compromised, it is just much better to have it cut back. They still need to get the branches that are on the roof, which should keep Tink quieter at night. I think the squirrels and other rodents are using those branches to get on the roof and scurry around up there which drives Tink nuts. Here are a few pictures. Two are the "before" and one of the "during" phase. You can see where they have cut and rolled the old turf on the parking strip.


I didn't get much knitting done yesterday - as in none. I actually had a FUN date! No, really! Talking and drinking and laughing, I lost track of time and thank goodness for my DVR, because I would hate to have missed "Lost". [ooooo, hope I'm not jinxing it. I haven't actually checked that it got recorded....] Unfortunately I'm feeling a bit worse for wear because, since I've been trying to lose those Christmas chub pounds, I've not been drinking and so am pretty much out of practice. It wouldn't be so bad if we had eaten something, of course, but there ya go. Hindsight and all that. Anyway, pictures of the progress of the sleeveless turtleneck from "Fitted Knits". I think it's going to be really useful. Here's a close-up of the neck and then a picture of the side. Nice color, huh? I love it. I originally was going to use this yarn for an intricate cabled shrug from IK a year or so ago, but the pattern was on reverse stockinette and I think it just looks wrong. So I'm happy to be using this yarn finally.

No comments: