08 March, 2007

A "Lost" night

Wednesday is "Lost" night. It doesn't start until 10, which is usually when I head to bed to read for a while, but I was knitting away on Ms Marigold, which doesn't need a lot of attention, and so I stayed up to watch it. Ooooo -- it was a bit brutal last night. But good. It kept my interest. But then I couldn't get to sleep and therefore ended up turning off my alarm and sleeping in this morning. Oh well, the work isn't going anywhere.

Today will be my last training run before the race on Sunday. Currently the forecast is for rain, which is a big huge super drag. Oh I'll go, but it is truly no fun to race in the rain. In that case it's just picturesque exercise.

I got quite a few hours in on the Ms Marigold last night, finishing up the armhole part for the right front and back. Tonight I should be able to finish the left front armhole and join the pieces back together. I will be happy to get to the part where it's in the round because purling hurts my hand. I am a little bit concerned that my gauge is going to be off when I start in the round. It usually is, especially since it's slippery yarn and I'm using my Denise needles. I might have to buy size 4 Addis if it looks too weird. Or, I might keep it as a design enhancement. That's more likely, knowing what a lazy knitter I am.

I was thinking last night (when I couldn't sleep) that now that I have a sewing machine I have no excuse to not make myself something to keep my circulars organized. I have a friend with a new fancy computer sewing maching and I could embroider numbers ... I know for sure that I'd never take the time to hand embroider numbers and that's really the important part. Maybe I'll look around for a pattern, although I have an idea in my head that shouldn't be too hard to realize.

SP 10 is about to get off the ground. My hostess contacted me last night and we should be getting our pals on the 15th.

No comments: