27 March, 2007

Three more to go

Three more rows and I can bind off my sleeveless turtleneck! I am hoping I can wear it tomorrow. It'll be perfect with black pants and a jacket. I worked on it last night and if I had really pushed I could have finished it, but Tink wanted to cuddle and who can resist doggie love? Well okay, lots of people can, but I couldn't last night.

I didn't have a very restful night because at 11:30, just after I had fallen asleep, the phone rang and it was my nephew, back from Alaska. He's so sweet - he always calls before he comes over just in case I've got "a dude" there with me. As if! Or should I say, if only! I told him the coast was clear and he said he'd be over after going out with the boys. Obviously, they don't drink while on the boat and he's been gone since the first week of January so pretty thirsty, I imagine. Anyway, he came rolling in at 2:30. Surprisingly sober, but he said that two beers pretty much lit him up since he'd been not drinking. He's such a sweet boy - first thing he said was "Wow, you've lost lots of weight!" Well trained, that boy. Of course, on the other hand it means I was a huge fat giant pig in December but oh well ... thankfully I'm not now.

I got him settled and went back to bed and I think I got back to sleep pretty quickly but early early EARLY I heard a big noise outside. I thought it was a lawn mower -- before 7 am? But when I did get up and go to get the paper I saw that it was the delivery of my sod. So hooray! Now if only the landscapers get there and get it finished. She's kind of flakey though - I'm not holding my breath. The neighbors must truly be cursing me. First of all there's the mess on the sidewalk, and the unsightly parking strip with piles of sod covered by blue tarps and then, my landscaper just parked her truck, which is full of garden refuse, in front of my next door neighbor's house and left it there!! It's been there since Thursday! Well they will all be happy when this year my place is looking nice, rather than like a dandelion field.

No comments: