08 August, 2012

A great start to my birthday!

It could hardly have started any better.  First a lovely chatty email and then a phone call from far far away.  With such a fabulous start, it's going to be tough to keep it up.  I do have a dinner at one of my favorite Italian restaurants to look forward to this evening.  And noon knitting!  Yay!

One of the walks that I take with Tink passes by the North Seattle Community College.  There is a bit of wood, a  nature preserve, and a large lawn.  This sign is on the corner of the lawn, with a cement path to it's immediate left and further on to the left the nature preserve.  I haven't seen any racoons, but these signs have been up for a few days now.  I was going to take Tink into the little wood last weekend, but thought better of it after seeing this!  I wonder what they are doing?  Last summer I remember seeing one in a tree around the pool area at the apartment complex, but that was the only one I have ever seen.  I'm not going to take any chances, that's for sure.  I am staying out of there!

The weather has cooled down and I am ever so grateful.  I didn't even need the fan last night.  I did wake up around 1:00 and had a bit of a time getting back to sleep.  These silly hives keep popping up still; not as bad but they are there.  Maybe when I know for certain the house is all sorted out, then I will calm down.  If not I'm going back to the doctor.  I have a spa day planned - my big birthday treat - but I can't even think about going to the spa until this is fixed.


No comments: