21 August, 2012

Refreshing!

Thank goodness that really hot weather has left us!  Saturday morning was overcast in Seattle and a good (and I do mean good!) twenty degrees cooler.  Anacortes and Deception Pass were cooler still and I was glad I had brought a couple of long sleeved tops.  Actually I could have done with a pair of jeans as well, but made do with shorts.

Friday evening the dining room table left the building.  I was amazed that I didn't get all mushy and sentimental over it.  I let it go quite easily, actually.  I guess when you're ready for a change ... when *I'm* ready for a change ... it's easy.   I think I'll get a little birch table for two that pull out to seat four.  I found one that I like.  That way I can keep the chairs I have.  Next I need to take some good photos of the desk rather than the bad, iPad versions I used.  It might take a while to sell that desk because it's something someone will have to be looking for specifically.  But I'm in no hurry -- not at this point any way.

The Seahawks won their second preseason game and were looking quite good.  Unfortunately our big "get" - Terrell Owens - has yet to catch a pass.  Yes, he came into camp late and missed the first game, but he played quite a bit on Saturday night and did not catch a single pass.  Dropped a few.  Catches?  None.

I worked from home yesterday.  I had a person situation I needed to handle.  It as a busy day, but productive.  Oh!  And the house is sold - the sign should be going up today!  Woohoo!  Closing is just around the corner.  Or I like to think it is.  Nothing is ever done until the papers are signed.

I am grateful for this cooler weather.  I will have a nice, normal run today at noon.  I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: