28 August, 2012

The return of novelty yarn???

I can't remember where I read that or saw that.  I shuddered a bit, remembering the "fun fur" craze.  Oh it was ugly my friends.  Remember those skinny scarves with crazy acrylic bits and bobs?  Oh I don't want to go back to that time.  What I think they were talking about was the large number of ruffle yarns on the market these days.  They are mostly not acrylic, but wool or other blends.  I don't think they're all that popular because when I notice them they are always on sale ... bad sign, yes?  Last week I succumbed to the fever and purchased three skeins of a deep purple ruffle yarn just to see what the fuss was all about.  They came yesterday so while I was watching some preseason football (rookie quarterbacks RG III and Andre Luck) I played around with it, casting on twice the number of stitches for a scarf to make something a little larger and more sumptuous.  So far it's fun but frankly it's a one trick pony.  There's only one thing you can do with this stuff and that's make ruffles.  There there.  Tick.  I've done it.

We have clouds this morning, maybe some rain later, but it looks like we're heading into a nice weekend, which will be super for Bumbershoot.  I can't remember when we've had a good Labor Day weekend.  It's been a few years, I'm sure.  Can you tell I'm looking forward to seeing Tony Bennett this weekend??

I was a little disappointed with my run yesterday.  I was hungry so maybe that was the problem.  I was not fast and in fact felt like I was running with lead weights in my shoes.  Annoying.  Maybe today will be better.

My day just flew by yesterday and I was tired when I went to bed.  I am still groggy today.  Maybe it's the clouds.  Oh well -- nothing for it.  Better dig in.


No comments: