06 August, 2012

Things are looking up up up!!

I got a call Friday afternoon from my real estate agent.  THE call.  It was almost surreal after waiting for so long.  I was out for a walk - it has been super hot here and I just couldn't face going for a run.  It wasn't a perfect offer but workable.  We met up Saturday and tweaked it a bit, and Sunday it was accepted.  Of course nothing is absolutely certain until a few more steps, but I'm feeling pretty darned good right now.  Not entirely out of the wood hive-wise but definitely a much happier girl.

I designated Saturday as my birthday fun day, since it comes on a Wednesday this year and this coming weekend is busy with the tournament and dinner.  It was very hot so I didn't get everything done that I set out to do, but I managed to get to Best Buy and purchased a very very cool ZAGGfolio for my iPad.  It is a case with a Bluetooth keyboard.  It is awesome!  The rest of Saturday was spent trying to keep cool in my apartment, which is like an oven!  If I could leave the door open to the corridor then it wouldn't be so bad because I could get some air movement but as it is ..... just terrible!  The only way to be comfortable is to have the fan blowing directly on me.  Friday night I was so hot in the middle of the night that I got up and had a cool shower! 

Yesterday was another hot one - nearly 90.  Tinkerbell got a trip to the off leash dog park and a paddle in the lake, which she loves.  I got some new pads for my outdoor chairs and I spent some time out there after the sun went down. I remembered to get an extension cord for my little fan in my office.  Unfortunately there is no air conditioning in this office.  I know it sounds incredible since we just had this office remodeled a few years ago, but it doesn't.  So I have light but it's going to be hot this afternoon.  I have the fan blowing and soon I'll have to lower the blinds to try to keep it cool.

I haven't picked up my knitting since last Wednesday.  It is just too hot.  I was tempted last night because the first football game was on and knitting and football go so well together.  But I simply could not do it.  It should cool down a bit this week.  Not that I'm complaining.  [looks a little bit like complaining though, doesn't it?]

No comments: