22 August, 2012

I remembered!

I felt like such a goof last week, forgetting my knitting on a Wednesday.  I didn't take any chances yesterday.  I put my knitting right by my purse so I couldn't help but see it when I left in the morning.  Not that I've been doing a lot of knitting these days.  I truly do need to get my knitting mojo back!  I just bought some gorgeous wool/camel yarn to make a hoodie.  I shouldn't give myself too much grief.  It has been crazy hot and that is not conducive to knitting, even socks.  It is nice and cool today.  It's overcast.  I can see myself in my comfy chair tonight, if it doesn't get hot today.

I have changed my evening workout routine and I must say - it is hitting some different muscles because I am sore!  I had a wonderful run yesterday.  I have less than three weeks to go to the next race and I was rather less than moderate this last weekend, so I have some catching up to do.  I should be okay if I am really good for the next 18 days.  Oh ... I think I'll have to give myself a day off though.  September 2nd is my fantasy football draft and also Tony Bennett at Bumbershoot.  Okay -- 17 good days.  I can do that.

Tomorrow I finally get my eye exam.  I have been having to wear my glasses nearly all the time since I have only a few contacts left.  And I need new glasses too.  I really had no idea that I'd have to wait three weeks for an eye exam appointment.  The other thing on my list to get done this week is my passport picture.  I must get that done ASAP.

I love my new office.  Even on a cloudy day it's nice and bright in there.  The orchid has done very well.  It's loving the filtered light.  I should get another one or two.  Maybe a white one and a yellow one.

And finally ... drum roll please .... the house in now in escrow.  Thirty days.  Is that a sigh of relief I hear?

No comments: