07 August, 2012

Ooops ......

I really was very tired yesterday.  And oh, once the clouds cleared up it was hot again.  My apartment was like an oven, of course.  After I got Tink walked I had a cool down shower.  I haven't been able to blow my hair dry for days because of the heat.  I'm not the only one.  I ran into a woman yesterday who teaches anatomy with us in September and she didn't recognize me because I had my hair up.  She has the same problem.  It is cooler today and it should be nice all the rest of this week.  And NOT 90 degrees.

There was no knitting done last night.  I didn't do much of anything really.  I was going to watch some Olympics but I didn't even do that.  I read a little bit and fell asleep very early, turned off my alarm at 6 and didn't wake until 7!  I feel great though, so I must have needed all that sleep.  I am sure I haven't been getting much rest in this heat, even with the fan blowing directly at me. 

Now that the hives have gone from my face it is time to get going again on my new passport.  Perhaps tomorrow, if I can get my hair blown dry tonight, I can get my picture taken here at work and then I can send that in.  I believe they say to allow 6 weeks, but I have never had it take that long.  And then a few more credit cards and I'll be all changed back!  Woohoo!

I have started looking at new apartments.  Not visiting them, but checking them out on line.  I need to find out exactly when I can move before I start looking in earnest.  It's pretty thrilling though.  The first step is to get that furniture sold.  I have someone interested in the chaise.  Maybe tonight I'll take pictures of the oak desk and chair.  I found a lovely desk this weekend that I liked a lot.  The top is glass with abstract designs in white.  It's very cool.

1 comment:

speattle said...

Happy Birthday!