16 August, 2012

Heat warning

It sure doesn't happen here very often, but it just keeps getting hotter and hotter!  Today and tomorrow are predicted to be over 90 (which is 32 to you crazy Centigrade people).  And no air conditioning in my new office!  How insane is that?  Yes, sure we have windows that open and we were supposed to get air conditioning but ... here we are sweltering.  My blinds are closed against the direct sun and I have a little fan blowing behind me but it's not air conditioning.  We may be sent home early today.  I am for sure going to have to take my run in a couple of hours.  If I wait until noon it will be impossible.

I am a little less itchy today and the bumps are going down.  We are trying a new approach - just working on the inflammation.  I was hoping to feel the difference immediately and it's not quite that good.  There is improvement though so I've got hope.  I did wake up and stay awake for a couple of extremely uncomfortable hours last night.  I was that close to taking another midnight cool shower when I must have dropped off.  I am also trying something that was designed to stop itching (handy) but ended up making people very drowsy, so it's marketed now as a sleeping aid.  The initial dose of 3 mg did not do it, so tonight I would double it and hope for a full night of sleep.  Wouldn't that be awesome?  That would go a long way towards banishing this stress.

Knitting would also help my stress.  Needless to say again there was no knitting.  I made a nice little dinner - mostly cold (Caprese salad and prosciutto wrapped melon) and settled in to watch "Hard Knocks" where Chad Johnson gets fired for being an idiot!  That guy!  Here he gets another chance with a good team, after bombing with the Patriots last year, and then insults the coach by giving a profanity laced interview after being told to watch his language, then on his first weekend off has a fight with his wife of one month after she finds a receipt for condoms in his possession, and allegedly head butts her and gets put into jail!  Can you say self sabotage?  So he is gone.

It feels like Friday.  *sigh*

No comments: