10 August, 2012

One more sweet birthday surprise!

I was so surprised yesterday when I opened my mailbox and found a birthday card.  Well, I know it was just my birthday the day before, but it was still not expected and much much loved.   

Yesterday I finished up with getting my name changed on my credit cards.  I believe that is it with the exception of the passport.  Since I'm getting my hair done today I thought I'd wait for Monday to get the picture taken.  Then I can send it off and be done!  Monday I'm also going to sign up for the Iron Girl 5K on September 9.  That will give me a month to get back into race shape.  I have been SO bad these past few weeks about running.  I need to have a goal.  I got second place in my age class last time and my time wasn't very good, so hopefully I can be better this time.  AND I'm going to use my headphones, despite their silly rules that nobody else was following.  I probably should get some new shoes too.

There was preseason football last night and I have NFL Red Zone, so I was able to see all of the games being played - parts of them anyway.  For preseason they don't do it quite the same way.  Peyton Manning looked pretty darned good with the Broncos.  I have been thinking about going for him for my QB in one of my fantasy leagues.  But preseason can be a little boring, so I watched the first episode of  Hard Knocks.  They are doing the Dolphins camp this season and it's pretty interesting. 

It's a short day for me today.  I had to take a hair appointment at 3 rather than do it tomorrow because tomorrow is the golf tournament and reunion dinner.  I am, of course, now regretting that I can't play golf.  It is a lovely course, flat and not difficult.  But even if I had decided I wanted to play before there aren't enough people and I would have been left to play with strangers, so this worked out fine.  It'll be nice to see my old friends.  And if not -- well, the first Seahawks preseason game is on at 7 so I'll have that to look forward to.

No comments: