17 August, 2012

Friday - another day in the heat

 It is fairly unusual for Seattle to get this hot so as you can imagine it's all people are talking about.   Oh, and the wildfire in Eastern Washington, which is just horrible and going to be going on for another few days.  I got my run done at 10:30 yesterday morning and even though I went the shady route I still wished I had gone out earlier.  Today I will go out at 10 instead.  Then I spent about 15 minutes wandering around the air conditioned halls cooling down.  I think I'll leave a bit early today because my office is still holding the heat from yesterday.  The afternoon is just misery.  I believe if we could have a fan in the doorway blowing cooler air in from the hall it would be much nicer in here, but we don't and most likely it would be considered a hazard.

A woman was going to take a look at my dining table yesterday but got caught up in traffic so she's coming this evening, as is another guy.  Great!  I should have that sold soon, then it's just the big desk and I can get myself some nicer, newer and smaller furniture.  I should start sorting the books too.  I did find out that I have to stay in this current apartment until the end of November.  So I don't know how that's going to play out.  Probably I will get most of my packing done before Thanksgiving, take a little holiday in Europe  -- maybe only 8 days rather than 10 and come back on a Thursday and have the weekend to move.  Sounds like a lot of work but .... missing Thanksgiving in Europe?  Sounds worse.

My plans for the weekend got derailed yesterday as well.  But I am going to go to Anacortes Saturday for the night, then visit Deception Pass on Sunday.  Tink will love it and hopefully it won't be quite so hot nearer the water.

Hives?  Well ... not gone, that's for sure.  I am a bit disappointed but things are definitely better.  I can see the end in sight.  That's a little positive thinking thrown in there for good measure. 

"Dreams come true. Without that possibility, nature would not incite us to have them." - John Updike

No comments: