24 August, 2012

Busy-ness

Next week is the last week before the start of autumn quarter.  These next two weeks will be some of the busiest days of my year.  But I feel in control.  And luckily I am MUCH calmed down.  As long as there are no - or few - bad surprises, it should be smooth sailing.  And then in September when things calm down a bit I can start working on my November trip.  There were plans floated this spring of a November trip to Las Vegas for Emma's boyfriend's birthday.  But just yesterday she told me that was cancelled because he had taken his holidays earlier, without her, so she was planning on going to Thailand in October, then a trip to London at the end of November.  She was going to take the first week of December off but said she can take the last week of November just as easily so .... we will talk about it in a few weeks.  I want to see the Thanksgiving football games at my friend's bar in Paris, but other than that ... I'm pretty easy.  And if I stay through the last week of November then I will for sure be able to see lots of Christmas decorations go up, which is always nice.

But that's weeks and weeks and weeks away!  And there's much fun to be had here in the meantime.  Yesterday was a great day -- super great run at lunchtime.  Finally!  Then to the optometrist in the afternoon where I got new contacts!  Woohoo!  She only made a very small change in the strength.  But I really needed a new eyeglasses prescription.  I realized that those glasses were at least 4 years old and possibly even 6!  They don't usually bother me except I had nearly run out of contacts so I was using them nearly every day and that's how I noticed that the prescription was off.  This weekend is going to be super girly -- manicure, pedicure, massage and shopping for new glasses.

What with the eye exam and stopping at the store and then a few little chores around the house, it wasn't until after 7 that I finally was able to sit down and eat and watch an episode of "Hard Knocks".  And then, while I was watching the football show my fingers started to tingle.  I reached out for my socks!  Ahhh .... knitting and football!  The only thing that would make that better is a drink at my elbow.  Unfortunately not for a few weeks.  It doesn't mix with training for a race.

Besides football this weekend I will see McGarrah tomorrow and celebrate his birthday with him.  And then Sunday I need to take some good pictures of that desk and start sorting books and taking them to the Third Place Books.  That sounds like a big weekend.  I wonder how I'll do?

No comments: