03 August, 2012

Sometimes flowers trump a run

The grey skies took their toll yesterday.  I wanted to run, but I wanted some flowers in my office even more.  I reached a good compromise - I walked to Trader Joe's where I had noticed a bunch of orchids last time I was there.   I love the color of this one.  Most of them were white.  I took the picture with my iPhone so it's not great since there is no flash (can't wait to get a new iPhone with flash!!).   A few times a year some group comes to the hospital and sells all sorts of exotic orchids.  This year I'm going to get myself something gorgeous for the office.  for now this will do and it does brighten things up a bit more.  So far I'm really liking it here.  I was expecting the natural light to help my  mood a bit more but we all know that only one thing can do that effectively.

I spent the entire evening watching Olympic events.  I love my OnDemand for that.  This is one place where Comcast has really outdone itself.  You can go to the OnDemand directory, choose Olympic Events and then choose which event you want to watch.  In that category you have 85 minute programs covering, for example, women's gymnastic team finals.  That's what I watched last night.  I couldn't even knit, it was so fascinating.  There is one thing that always just kills me when I watch these events, and that's the empty seats!  How can that be?  Well, I do know how, but it's a travesty.  Especially for these very coveted events.  Think of all those people who could kill to get in there.  What should I watch tonight?  Maybe men's gymnastics or a swimming event.  I wonder if the rain has subsided over there.  I would imagine it could make some of the track and field events very uncomfortable if it was pouring rain.

It is going to be very hot this weekend.  It might even be too hot to knit.  Tomorrow I have a million and one errands and chores to take care of and then Sunday will be a nice day to take Tink somewhere.  At  5 pm .... tada!  The first preseason game.  So you know what I'm going to be at 5 pm on Sunday.  In case you were wondering. 

No comments: