15 August, 2012

I can hardly believe it myself

This is the first noon knitting Wednesday that I have forgotten my knitting!  Or at least the first time in recent memory.  I know how it happened -- slept in, had my arms full of stuff for the dry cleaner, voila!  Lately it's the only knitting I've been able to do since it's crazy hot in my apartment.  Oh well ... I guess I'll just chat and when I get hungry, go have lunch.  I am leaving early today anyway to have another go with the doctor to banish these silly hives.  Maybe I can talk him into trying to treat the stress.  I think one more month and I should be (relatively) stress free.

I have tried out a new service for eye glasses frames called Warby Parker.  The frames are very trendy, quite affordable, they donate a pair of glasses for every pair you buy AND you can try them on at home for 5 days before you order them.  They came yesterday but I haven't had a chance to try them on yet.  I most probably will get the sunglasses but the others .... not quite sure yet.  I have my eye exam next week -- yay, because I have 5 pair of contact lenses left!! I didn't expect to have to wait so long for an eye exam.

Have I said it's hot?  It's hot.  My apartment ... gah!  I can't wait to move and next one I have a list as long as my arm.  The ability to have a cross breeze is right up there.


1 comment:

Speattle said...

I live in the Seattle area too, and 7 years ago we installed central air. Best home improvement decision we have ever made. I wouldn't live in a house without it now. Look for a place with a/c next time.