30 August, 2012

Oh the peaches!!

I don't know about you, but the peaches I have been buying this year have been incredible!  It feels like years since I have had a decent peach and now I can't get a bad one.  Every night I have one for dessert. They are that good.  I should try nectarines this weekend.  I tried them earlier and they were awful - pithy and tasteless.  Don't you love summer?

The next best thing to summer is .....vacation!  A few days ago when things started to get crazy I put my November vacation on the big calendar, which now is right outside my office and across the room.  If I lean a little bit to the left I can see it and in the November square my days are clearly marked.  They are the only ones except the 3 holiday red H's.  So when things get too crazy I just lean a little ..... and smile.

The Dawg Dash is October 21 this year and I signed up yesterday.  This year they can't start and end the race at Husky Stadium because it is under construction, so it's going to be all upper campus.  The route map isn't on line yet.  I hope it's not going to be too hilly.

Yesterday was a super crazy day.  I made a HUGE blunder and thought that our (the anatomy class) part of the orientation was starting at 3:45 when in fact it was an hour later.  Ooops.  Truly I cannot figure out how I did that, but it is done.  All ended up okay, but I felt a complete idiot.  I guess I'm not perfect after all.  Oh dear oh dear.  It was quite a hit.

I was exhausted when I got home - which wasn't until after 6.  Tink got a walk, I had some dinner and watched Hard Knocks and knit.  Thankfully I was able to get to sleep by 11 and was conked out all night.  So here's to a better day!  No mistakes!!!

No comments: