09 August, 2012

No complaints

I had a pretty wonderful birthday.  Not nearly as spectacular as last year -- that would be hard to top -- but just a very nice day and evening.  Thanks to everyone for all of the lovely birthday wishes.  I had a nice bottle of Cremant de Bourgogne to drink while I was getting ready for dinner.  Sometimes you get a really super bottle and it was one of those.  Yeasty and just yummy.  And then dinner at one of my very favorite Italian restaurants.  The pasta was SO good!   The only bad part of the day was when I discovered that Tink had piddled on the floor!  NEXT to the potty pad that she had used a couple of times in the past.  NEXT to it!!  So that means I've got to shampoo that part of the carpet tonight.

After the record 93 degrees last Sunday, everyone is much relieved to be back to mid-70s.  My new office is a bit stuffy and I think I should just put the blinds down at noon to keep the direct sun from shining in.  It's just hard to do after all that time in a closet, but it should keep me a little more comfortable in the late afternoon.

Preseason football is in full swing now, with quite a few games tonight and the Seahawks first game this coming Saturday evening.  Hopefully I will be done with my little reunion thing in time.  I'll set it to record anyway just in case.  The Seahawks signed Terrell Owens a couple of days ago and everyone is anxious to get a look at him, as well as our new quarterback.  It could be a good season.

My socks are nearly done.  I think I will make that my push.  See if I can finish those off this weekend or next and then cast on for some mitts to match the scarf I made out of the Dream in Color Starry.  I have plenty left and I won't need mitts for another couple of months - hopefully.

No comments: