24 July, 2013

A lucky day

What a great start to the day!  I popped out of bed at 5:45 and was on the treadmill at 5:59 and I have to say I had the best run yet.  Friday I'm going to turn it up a little faster.  I'm not going to have too many weekend days to run outside before my September 8 race so I need to push myself a little bit more.  After the run I took Tink out for a nice long morning walk and on the way back into the building I found money on the street.  Only $2 but still ..... that's a cup of coffee at the bus stop.  It's going to be hot and sunny again today.  No complaints there.  AND it's Wednesday, which is noon knitting.  I managed a few rows last night but it was awfully hot.  The air conditioner is sitting there, but not hooked up because the manual has not yet made it to my house.  Hopefully this weekend.  It's GOT to be this weekend.

I tried to read last night but I just can't get into this book.  It's called "Telegraph Hill" and it was highly recommended.  The author is prolific but ... I don't know.  Maybe it's because I've only read it before going to sleep and I don't read big enough bites.  But no - I think I just don't like his style.  I should probably just give it up and start something else.  I've got one on my bedside table and one on my iPad - both new and tonight might be the night I crack one of them open and see if I can get into one or the other.

Football is coming soon but in these dark times I've taken to watching a little baseball from time to time.  Mostly because I listen to the sports podcasts and the local one talks about our team.  The Mariners are doing quite well for a change - they have an 8 game winning streak going.  It's fun to watch when they're winning, isn't it?  But football is just around the corner.  Training camp is starting up this week.  Woohoo!

No comments: