29 July, 2013

I need a weekend to recover from the weekend!

That pretty much says it all.  I am worn out - although I did get up and do my 30 minutes on the treadmill this morning.  Friday and Saturday and a little bit of Sunday as well were spent getting every last thing out of Ben's house in preparation for the remodel, which is starting this morning.  I packed last minute bits and bobs into boxes.  I moved boxes which had been previously stored in a shed - the remodel was supposed to start in April - up to the storage pod.  The men loaded all of the furniture into the pod and then the boxes.  What an ordeal.  But it was a gorgeous day so after a little rest Tinkerbell got a bath and I cleaned up and off we went to roam around Edmonds and have some drinks and snacks.  Needless to say I slept like a log Saturday night.

All I wanted to do Sunday was curl up and relax and do some knitting.  Ah but that was not to be.  We had to finish up the last little bits and somehow shoe horn Ben's things that he'll need for the next 8 weeks into my teensie weensie apartment.  Thank goodness it is summer, is all I can say.  It's going to be an interesting two months.  I am used to being alone.  I like being alone.  It is very difficult to be alone in a 660 square foot studio apartment where the only door is on the bathroom. 

McG finally got back to me about his party, which is now 3 weeks away and I don't even know if he's invited anyone!  I refused to pick up the phone last night so I've got to give him a call today and we'll see what he has in mind.  Oh how I wish this was my birthday week because I SO need a vacation.  Eleven more days. 

No comments: