11 July, 2013

The story of the air conditioner

Here's how to get a free air conditioner -- get lucky.  So many things in life are luck, aren't they.  This air conditioner was a floor model sold at a discount but still rather steep because it's a good one.  When we opened the box so we could roll it to the elevator to get it upstairs it was quite obvious that it had been damaged in shipping.  Most likely crushed because the plastic case was broken at the bottom.  Pictures were snapped and this morning full credit was given for the machine!  Woohoo!  Way to go Ben!!  I'll do my best to fix it so that it doesn't show.  But really, as long as it works I am thrilled.  Not that we need it today.  The clouds have rolled in again and it's almost misty outside.  It's supposed to start getting hot again on Sunday.

I got to knit at noon yesterday.  It was a small group and I was the only one with knitting!  We miss Peggy!  That was all the knitting I was able to do.  I cooked a little dinner and watched a movie and then it was bedtime.  I needed it.  Tomorrow is going to be a busy day and night starting at 5:45 am when the alarm goes off and ending with the Mariner's game.  I sure hope it's not a long game.  Poor Tink it going to get the worst of it.  She'll get a walk from 6:30 until 7 when I'm cooling off, then a short one before I get on the bus at 4:15 to go downtown for the game.  We're meeting up at 5 for a couple of beers and a bite to eat.  I'll be lucky to get home before 11.  I'll have to make it up to her this weekend.

No comments: