26 July, 2013

One of those horrible nights

Thankfully it doesn't happen very often, but last night was terrible.  My evening was lovely.  I made a nice dinner, did some knitting and got an episode and a half of "Necessary Roughness" done.  I had purchased a new book - something to replace "Telegraph Hill" and I wanted to read but I was so tired and ready to sleep before 10.  But that didn't last long.  I woke up around 11:30 and I wasn't able to get back to sleep until after 3:30!!  My mind just wouldn't shut down!  I was thinking about work and of those millions of fiddly details I've got to handle.  Not worry as much as just details flooding my mind.  I tossed and turned and got up for water and put Tink on the bed and off the bed and on the bed ..... I read the news and email.  It was so frustrating.  I did drift off somewhere after 3:30 so as you may imagine when the alarm went off at 5:45 I was none to happy and re-set it for  6:30.  I can go without my run but I knew I'd never make it if I got up then.

At this point I'm tired but I think I'll be okay.  I'm guzzling my first cup of tea now and it should get me going.  I am hungry.  I just need to make it to 1 o'clock and then I'm out of here for the weekend. 

I have nearly two skeins left to go on the Mobius Cowl and already I'm thinking of my next project.  You know what I should do?  I should finish a couple of things I've got laying around!!!!  It's just sewing.  That's a perfect thing to do when it's so hot.  I'm going to place that idea in the forefront of my brain.  It would feel great to finish the blouse I made a couple of years ago - Chipotletan ... something like that.  All it needs is sewing together and it would be a good garment for transition.  And then there's the Cloisonne Jacket that only needs the facings sewn down.  I should do that, shouldn't I?

No comments: