17 September, 2013

A win and a loss

My fantasy week was terrible.  I have moved down two spots, from 5 to 7 (out of 12).  I made some good moves yesterday and hopefully I can pull this team up this week.  My quarterback is playing against a terrible team so I am looking to get some big points there.

The cooler weather is much appreciated.  Tinkerbell just loves walking but not when it's hot.  We had a very nice walk after work yesterday.  I was listening hard to my fantasy football podcast and she was sniffing happily.  The air is humid but bearable when it's not 90 degrees.  She got very interested in her chewy later in the evening and when 7 o'clock rolled around she was NOT interested in going for her walk!  She just wanted to chew.  I let her go for another 30 minutes and she finally remember I said "walk" and she was ready to go.  However, it was sprinkling when we got out and she wanted to turn right back around and go in.  I made her get out there and walk and do her business.  I know if I had let her go back in I would be out again at 2 in the morning.  Better to get a little wet at 7:30 than have to get up and dressed in the middle of the night.

As it was I did wake up and stayed awake for at least an hour, maybe more.  As much as I tried to keep thoughts of work from going through my head, it was inescapable.  I am trying something new, for me anyway, and keeping lists of things I want and need to do and that way when I wake up I know that I won't forget any little detail because it's written down at work.  Well, that is the theory.  It's not foolproof.

So lack of a good sleep left me feeling so groggy.  I wanted to sleep in this morning but that wasn't going to be happening.  I am kind of regretting getting such an early hair appointment for this Saturday.  Well, maybe Sunday I can sleep in.

The Noro Kureyon slippers I started crocheting are almost done.  I am nearly finished with the first one and have to make one more sole and put the second slipper together.  Unfortunately, my gauge was really off and they are HUGE.  Which is actually not such a bad thing.  I will felt them, which I think will be better anyway.  If they felt well and I like them as much as I think I will, I am going to go to the craft store and get a soft sole to sew on.  I love the colors.

No comments: