27 September, 2013

I try not to be jealous ....

but it's very difficult.  My sister is going to London on the 8th.  I know it's a business trip and I know she's going to be working all day, every day.  But still I can't help but be envious.  I think I could manage to carve out some time to do a little playing but she insists it is all work work work and she has to turn right around and come home with not even a day to herself.  It's very unfair because the people from the London office, when they come to the U.S. for the same type of work, end up lounging around the pool and hardly do a thing.  At least that is what she says.  I suspect the truth on both sides is somewhere in the middle.  Nevertheless, I am not going to London but I am going .... going to Silverdale, Washington. 

Yes it's true.  Just a little weekend get away.  I know the weather is going to be horrific - stormy and wet and windy.  It doesn't matter though.  I will be away from home and there are football games to watch and beaches to comb.  Tinkerbell is at the Dog Resort, which she loves!  I didn't even bring any knitting.  I am going to read and lounge and drink tequila - not necessarily in that order.

I have been going through the patterns on Ravelry trying to find just the right pattern to use the yarn I got from YarnBox.  It's between the Juneberry Triangle by Jared Flood or Geada by Twist Collective.  I can't decide.  I'll let it sit for a while because I am not going to start it right away anyway.

Well I've got lots to do before I can take off at noon so ... wading in now.

No comments: