12 September, 2013

Stuck!!

This last Christmas I received a very lovely Michael Kors handbag.  I love it.  I carry it every day.  And this morning I went to open it to put my iPad inside and ... the zipper was stuck.  Really stuck.  As in - I can barely move it!  I know that the lining is in the teeth of the zipper but I can't get it open enough to pull it down.  I just don't know what to do.  My wallet is in there.  Thank goodness I keep my keys in the outer pocket or I would have had to walk to work since my bus pass is in my key case.  I just don't know what to do.  Monika, who I was sure would be able to help, cannot.  I am super busy at work but I may have to go downtown to the Michael Kors store.  I should make some phone calls.  This is SO annoying.

I was swept away to happy hour at Twigs last night after work.  I have been wound so tightly.  This year with all the new technology they are insisting we use in the class that doesn't yet work .... *sigh*.  We are the guinea pigs always since we are the first class of the year.  Now here we are at the end of week two and finally the SOM has been able to fix some access issues.  The good news is that I have not been having nightmares and, despite the oppressive heat in my apartment, I've been sleeping quite well.  Anyway I trip to Twigs for a couple of martinis was just what the doctor ordered and it put me right as rain.  Riding back up to my apartment (I almost said room, for that is what it is) there was a couple in there, looking bedraggled as I felt and not at all happy to be going up to their expensive oven.  I said, "I wonder if anyone would mind if I propped my door open to the hall tonight".  Just as a joke, since the hall is air conditioned and our apartments are not.  The woman looked at me and said that sounded like a great idea and their place was "a nightmare".  They probably have one of the apartments on the front that have western exposure.  Whew, that's got to be bad.

There was no knitting, since two martinis pretty much puts the kibosh on that type of activity.  But I got caught up on silly TV and went to bed early.  I've got to get my fantasy line up done today because tonight is football.  And Saturday the Huskies are playing and Sunday night ... oooo, the Seahawks are playing San Francisco.  That is going to be quite the game.

Now to figure out what to do about my stuck zipper!

No comments: