24 September, 2013

It has already started

There have been first year medical students sniffling and complaining of nausea already!  And a second year student, one of the TAs, is out today.  Two of my office mates are sick - one at home and one here, bless her heart.  It seems awfully early for the crud to start it's way through the office.  Bill, who got back from Italy a few weeks ago, was sick for five days but I put it down to a big caught while traveling.  Oh, I dearly hope I do not get it.

Yesterday was one of those days where I didn't have a second to spare.  It was go go go all day long.  I could not wait to get out of here!  I don't have my running stress buster this week.  My foot/ankle is acting up and I am not going to risk it.  It feels like I have aggravated the injury of 6 or 7 years ago when I rolled my ankle and tore the ligaments on both sides.  That took a long time to rehab.  I can afford to take a week off to make sure it's okay.   But long walks don't quite have the stress busting power as 30 minutes of hard sweating, do they?

It was a quiet evening.  The slippers came out of the dryer almost small enough, but they are now so soft that they don't have much shape.  I definitely want to get some soles to put on them.  Monday night football was a bust - Raiders and Broncos - so I didn't watch much of it.  I did win my match up and I am now 5 out of 12.  Not bad for picking 10th in the draft.  One of my guys broke his arm in a car accident, but he is a bench guy so I dropped him and picked up a replacement this morning.

Well ... here goes Tuesday.  Friday is a short day for me and I can't wait to get there.

No comments: