16 April, 2014

April showers

There are plenty of flowers around already, but April is showering anyway.  I don't mind.  There is plenty of time for sunshine and I have noon knitting today so I wouldn't be running anyway.  Yesterday I had such a good time on the trail.  I went for 3 miles and I think I can say I was pretty much running half the time.  It feels like I should have my wind back by next week, especially if I can go again tomorrow and Friday.   Today is my last physical therapy session (I hope - the last one scheduled anyway).  I was going to cancel but then I thought better of it.  I figured it would be good to have a professional assess the situation after that good run.  My foot felt just very slightly aggravated last night when I got up in the middle of the night, but this morning it's fine.  No problems.  I am expecting to get the green light today.

I was understandably a bit tired last night.  And my arm was sore from all of the uninterrupted knitting I had on the weekend, so I just did chores and tried to nail down the last bits so I can get my travel booked for July.  I am just about there.  And then comes the fun part - waiting 13 weeks.  I love anticipation.

My friend Emma had suggested a book to me and a few weeks ago the audio version was on sale, so I bought it and just finished listening.  It's called "The 100 Year Old Man Who Climbed Out the Window and Disappeared".  It was a cute listen, but I was just a little bit distracted because it was narrated by Steven Crossley who is the actor to narrate all of the Shardlake books and he is so in my mind as that character.  Now it's on to a Phillip Roth book.  Quite different but still enjoyable. 

No comments: