09 April, 2014

Who knew spring could be so mean?

I have to blame this directly on springtime and pollen.  The headache got worse on Monday and I went home where it finally dawned on me that it was a sinus headache and therefore, since it had been going on for days, I must have a sinus infection.  Grand.  In hindsight I should have called my doctor but I did not and therefore woke up on Tuesday with the same headache.  The office doesn't open until 9 and when I called they were way too busy to fit me in but the receptionist got my number and said the doctor could call something in for me at lunchtime.  He called me at 1:30 to ask a couple questions and then he dropped the bomb -- he's retiring in June!  Good heavens!  He's been my doctor for 25 years.  It is very handy having a doctor you can just call and they know you so well that you don't even have to go in for some things.  And now I'm going to have to break in a new doctor.  Well anyway, good for him.  I'm jealous.  Imagine not having to work but still getting paid.  Now that's something to look forward to!

I didn't want to come in today but I have physical therapy at 11 and it's noon knitting and the headache, while still around, is not nearly as bad as it has been.  And for that I am grateful. 

I have been knitting like crazy on my Hitofude cardigan.  I am of two minds about modifying the pattern now that I see that the model in the picture has been rather aggressively blocked.  Mine was looking so tiny but when I re-read the pattern and saw the gauge difference pre- and post-blocking and then looked more closely at the pictures, I think I might be okay.  I will for sure take out the tape measure.  I'd rather err on the side of more length than having it be too short, as I said before.

On Monday, even though I was sick with headache, I still had to walk Tink and it was glorious outside.  It must have been 70 degrees!  Gorgeous.  Yesterday it rained, but not until I had gotten back with my medicine so that was nice.  And today looks like it's going to be pretty again.  The forecast for the weekend is also sunny, so I am hoping it will be sunny on Hood Canal as well.  That would be a nice addition to the weekend out of town.  Sun. 

No comments: