04 April, 2014

Wireless headphones

I've had nearly a week with my wireless headphones and for the most part I like them.  These are the type of headphones that fit with the band at the back of your head rather than on top of it, and it took me a while to figure out exactly how to wear them.  I didn't realize at first that in order for them to fit and not slide around you need to hook them around your ears.  I couldn't see how I was going to run with them flopping around like that, but once I got the hang of hooking them around my ears, all was fine.  I've used them for hours every day and still not had to re-charge them.  And it is nice not having that cord to deal with. 

Yesterday was pretty quiet.  I set off at lunchtime to walk up to the Petco to get Tink some food.  I didn't take my purse, just my wallet and a bag and my keys in case my foot started to hurt and I needed to hop on the bus.  Well, it wasn't my foot that caused me problems.  I guess there was a lot more pollen in the air than I had suspected and naively I did not take a puff of my inhaler before setting out so I had a big asthma attack about a mile and a half into my walk.  Not good.  I got to the store, picked up the dog food and headed straight for the nearest bus stop.  Luckily there was one coming right by so I got back and took my puffs.  I should be a little more conscientious about keeping that thing with me when it's allergy season.

I left work a few minutes early last night, hoping I could walk Tink and get to the nail salon in enough time to get my manicure and pedicure since it's going to be difficult to fit it in again this weekend.  However, when I got there it was full and there was a 30 minute wait.  That would bring my start time to 5:30, but I thought I'd wait it out.  Well, at 5:22 it was obvious that there wouldn't be a chair available at 5:30, so I left.  Somehow I have got to find a way to get it done this weekend since I"m leaving town Friday at noon for a long weekend, plus which they really need it!

I worked a bit on the fingerless mitts last night before going in to read.  I actually managed to read this time and not just conk out.  I didn't have such a good night as I had Tuesday and Wednesday and woke up groggy.  I can sleep in tomorrow and, rest assured, I shall!!

No comments: