15 April, 2014

Fabulous weekend!!

What a treat!  Sunshine and more sunshine.  It was a gorgeous long weekend on Hood Canal.  Although, truth be told, the cabins could have been a little nicer.  I know we got one of the least fancy ones but it's more the service (or lack thereof) that bothered me.   We stayed three nights and not once during those three days did the housekeeping staff come by!  Well, no they went by on their way to other cabins but I had to chase them down for coffee and towels.  Seriously.  Also, this particular cabin is attached to the one next door and the walls are so thin that I could hear the guest snoring Saturday night.  Not good.

The grounds are lovely though and there is a creek that runs through and there are paths you can walk through the woods along the creek.  Lovely, especially with the superb weather we had.  I got to visit with John a couple of times, had some really excellent meals and had plenty of time to knit.  I got lots and lots done on the Hitofude.  I have once again changed my mind about the extra repeats.  Now instead of doing twice the number of rows I'm just going to add one 8 row repeat to each of the four expanding fronts.  I realized that if I doubled the rows it would be come too wide I think.  Well I can still change my mind, can't I?  I have plenty of yarn.

It was great to take Monday off as well as leaving a bit early on Friday.  I had a nice relaxing time and now I've got a short week.  AND I get to run today!!  I am happy to report that I had exactly zero problems after my little run walk on Thursday.  I even wore heeled boots this weekend without problems.  That is also great news. 

I am almost ready to start planning my trip to Europe.  Almost.  I few more ducks to line up.  I didn't think it was going to be so complicated, but I guess that's because I typically travel to Europe in November, which I can't do this year.  It'll be fun to go at a different time.  It's been so long.  I can hardly contain myself. 

No comments: